Monday, April 30, 2012

Short Email Today 4/30/2012


Dear Family,
Gotta have a short email today.  We had transfer calls and elder Hatch is leaving to a place called Priest River.  I get to stay in Libby for another transfer and I can't remember my new companions name.  It's some long weird name.  I'm way excited to stay in Libby for at least one more transfer, it's such a beautiful place and I love the people here.  Anyway my short email comes from the fact that the Caldwells are moving a couple miles out of Libby and we are helping them move this morning, and Elder Hatch has to pack up all his stuff to move, so we went early to email.  We have had a good week, not a whole lot to report though.  We have helped members in doing quite a bit of spring cleaning in their yards, been helping the Caldwells move, and doing a lot of tracting, so we didn't have many lessons.  We did meet with Linda Dabel this week and she is doing great.  She is not one of those people who is going to pray for something and sit around waiting for an answer.  She has done everything we have asked her and then some to gain a testimony of this gospel.  I really think she'll be ready to be baptized sometime in May, which I am so excited about.  Jennifer is doing good as well.  She doesn't have that same drive that Linda has, but she has still made quite a bit of progress and I hope she will desire to continue to learn more.  Last pday while we were shopping, a lady came up behind us and asked us what church we belonged to.  We told her and she said she wanted to do some bible study with us.  I think initially she had us mixed up with Jehovahs Witness or some other group because she kept telling us about people that she knew that she thought were a part of our church who definitely were not members, and saying she didn't mind studying with different churches as long as they weren't mormon.  We kept trying to explain to her that mormon was just a nickname for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, but I don't think she quite got it.  Anyway we went to her house and taught her the Plan of Salvation, which I believe she really needed at that time and we have a church tour scheduled with her this week.  I'll share more on her when I have more time and if this church tour pans out.  That was about all of our week though.  It was a good week and it's a good time to be a missionary.  Love you all and have a great week.
Elder Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment