Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Interviews With Pres. Palmer 4/10/2012

    So I totally forgot to mention last week that on Monday this week, we had interviews with President Palmer and our p-day was going to be on Tuesday.  But I'm telling you now so there you go.  Sorry about that.  We all had our last official interview with President Palmer because by the time of our next interviews, we will have a new mission president.  That's kind of weird for me to think about.  It is finally starting to permanently stay warm and so we had a beautiful Easter Sunday.  It was a great sacrament meeting and I love having Easter to remind us of Jesus Christ and all the things he has done for mankind.  I am thankful to have the gospel in my life and to have a family who is all strong in the gospel.  That has been a great blessing and joy for me to teach these families.  The Hollingsworths, the Baileys, the Goodenough family and others have all come closer together as a family because of living gospel principles.  These families, some of which were on the verge of breaking, have been able to grasp onto the gospel and they truly understand that there is nothing that is more important.  Well, that realization still hasn't come to some people fully, but it does.  Step by step they are learning and understanding the significance of the covenants they have or are going to make and I don't know what else to say than it just gives me so much happiness.  We've got three more weeks of this transfer and I am going to do everything I can to strengthen this area and these people.  Finding people in these booney areas I've decided can be really fun and intimidating at the same time.  When you leave the towns and head 20 miles into the woods you never know who is going to be behind that door you knock.  Quite often they are in the middle of the woods in the middle of nowhere for a reason.  And it's apparently not terribly uncommon to have a gun pulled or hounds released on you as their telling you to get the heck of their property (I have not personally had a gun pulled on me yet).  So ya, we've got a lot of finding planned this next couple weeks to try and build up our teaching pool.  We do have a dinner planned with some members this week as well who have invited a part-member family  over with them as well.  This is the part-member family whose grandma came to church for the first time a couple Sundays ago so we are really looking forward to being able to teach her and her family.  We also have a church tour scheduled with a less active nephew of one of the ladies of our ward.  I love working with less actives.  Like Elder Holland has said, less actives make the best investigator because behind the door of every less active is a spouse, friend, child, etc. that is not a member of the church and I have found that to be very true.  The less active members as well are entitled to the same chance to repent and come back to church that a nonmember is.  I think that's about it for this week.  Hope you all have a wonderful week.  Love you all.  Thank you everyone for your letters, your support and your prayers.  They are needed and appreciated so thank you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment