Monday, December 5, 2011

Not a Whole Lot to Say 12/05/11

Hi family.  There isn't a whole lot to say about last week.  I had my first zone conference, which was held in Spokane.  It was a very spiritual experience for me, plus it was nice to go back into civilization for a while.  We didn't have very many lessons this week because of zone conference and also we were at the church pretty much the whole week helping to set up a program they do called "A Night of Nativity".  It is a way neat thing that they have been doing for about six years now where members of the community can display all their various nativities in the church cultural hall.  I was wondering if that is the same kind of thing that the church in Midway has done for a few years as well.  It was very successful and beautifully done.  It is a really great way to invite people into the church and feel the spirit.  Once it was finally set up it lasted friday, saturday, and sunday, ending with the broadcast of the Christmas devotional in the chapel.  In all, there were a little over 200 non members that attended the event.  We even met a few potential investigators while we were there.  This week we have two baptisms, which I am so excited about.  James is getting baptized on Saturday and Chris (I think I've talked about him) is getting baptized on Sunday.  I don't really have a whole lot more to say this week so I'll talk to you again in a week.  
Love you all.
Elder Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment