Monday, December 5, 2011

Had a Great Thanksgiving 11/28/11

     Hey everyone whats up?  I'm glad to see that everyone had a great Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving morning was kind of depressing for me just because, you know, no family to talk to.  But it didn't last too long.  I had a lot more to be thankful for, especially this year being on a mission.  The Flemings were so nice to invite us over for Thanksgiving dinner.  They had their three Ukrainian kids, obviously, but also their four other children came in from Utah and Idaho as well as a family friend translator and sister Flemings sister and mother.  It was a pretty full house, but it was a lot of fun.  I found out that the Flemings oldest daughter Dana is actually in a couple of divine comedy videos such as provo girls (or whatever that ones called) and the Harry Potter one.  Sounds like Payson was pretty fun as well.  I'm glad to hear that Ryan is considering a mission.  I truly believe what Elder Holland says about a mission being the best thing that a young man can do.  I don't have his email address, and I guess I don't know if you do either, but I would love having my weekly emails sent to Ryan as well as the rest of the family.  And in that package I did not get the pictures of grandpas breakfast, I did get all the ones of the rest of the family pictures though thank you.  The same day I got moms package I also got one from aunt Yvonne, so if you see her anytime soon mom tell her thank you so much, also if she wants you can put her on the email list.  I also received Michelle’s package, hahaha I love it, I can't wait till December now.  This week has been one of the best weeks.  We were able to put James on date for baptism for December 10th and with the other guy Chris Larkin, we should have two baptisms that weekend.  James is the perfect example of the Lord preparing people to hear his gospel.  He has made so many positive changes to his life before we even met him.  Leslie as well has been making progress.  She is still working on quitting smoking.  She is making baby steps, but has improved so much.  She was actually able to come to church yesterday which we were so excited for.  She couldn't come last week because her portable oxygen tank broke, and the week before because she had smoked a cigarette and she was embarrassed to come to church.  We explained to her that week that when something like that happens, church is just the place that you want to go to, because you have so many people who are willing and want to help you.  But she did enjoy church which was good.  We finally got 2 ward missionaries in our ward, Sister Pugh, and Sister Mearl, and they are the best.  They are like member wild cards that are perfect to take to anyones home because they just love and want to help anyone.  Great things are happening in our area and I really hope I get to stay even another transfer.  I don't really know what else to say this week other than I love you all and pray for you.
   Elder Stacey



 P.S.  Oh ya, I remembered one other thing.  Yesterday night we were over watching the Testaments at the Jones and we heard their dogs barking outside, then one of them started yelping.  They've seen some green eye reflections around their property the last couple of days and think its a cougar probably trying to hunt some of their horses.  Once they heard the yelping, all the adults jumped up and grabbed rifles and handguns that were scattered around their kitchen, and hanging by their front door and wherever else they keep their many many guns, and went out hunting for the cougar.  It made my adrenaline start to rush, but it was really cool for some reason too.  That was definitely not an experience I was expecting to have when I received my call to Spokane

No comments:

Post a Comment