Monday, April 8, 2013

Spokane Rocks! 4/01/2013


     Good afternoon everybody how are you all doing???  Hope you had a great Easter.  We for sure did=) First of all, yes I did get the package of cookies last Monday and they are delicious.  Thanks!  This week has been a full week and a busy week. Being right in Spokane is a different experience for me being so close to so many people, and it rocks. Elder Cisternas is my new companion and he has been great so far. He is so obedient and has our purpose firmly planted into his actions. He is a great example to look up to. 
      We have had a bit of a slower week as far as teaching investigators. Being Spring break and a sick week for many people, quite a few of our appointments cancelled, but it was all good because we have had the opportunity to do a lot of finding, and have found some good prospects. The members here are wonderful and I love working with them already. Being in a YSA ward is pretty neat as well. You interact with a lot of people who either just returned from a mission or are about to leave, so the missionary spirit great there. 
      Every week I seem to learn more about how to become a better missionary and disciple, and find things that I can do to improve my testimony and my efforts as a missionary, and I am grateful for the challenge. I love continuing to learn and grow in the gospel myself as I strive to help others do the same thing. I love this gospel and I love being a missionary. Once again, I am so thankful to be in this area and am determined to to all that I can to uplift the people and invite them to follow the gospel of Jesus Christ for themselves.  
      This is going to have to be a super short email because we got to the library a little later today and I only have precisely 18 minutes to do everything on the computer.  So I promise next weeks email will be more detailed,  but know that I love you all and hope you have a great week=)

Elder Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment