Monday, February 18, 2013

Transfer to West Terrace, Spokane 2/18/2013


    Good morning everybody, how are you all doing?  To start off, yes, I did get grandmas letter and the letter with the sees chocolate(they were very appreciated) thanks a bunch.  And also mom, if I read the email right, you asked me if it was time to send sugar cookies, and my answer is "yes, it is".  Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY this week mom!!  I hope you have a great one. I am doing very well, as we had an awesome week last week.  As I said last Monday, we got our transfer calls, and as might be expected after serving in an area for close to 9 months, I will not be staying.  All transfers are bittersweet, but this one in particular.  Spending as long in Moses Lake as I did in my other two areas combined so far, I have really come to know and love Moses Lake and the people here.  It truly had become a home for me and I have seen so many wonderful miracles in these last few months.  I will be going to Spokane, to a place called West Terrace, and I am super excited.  Other than that, I know nothing about it.  If I remember correctly, my companions name is Elder Christensen.  Because I'm transferring, there is a lot we have to do before tomorrow morning, so I don't have a whole lot of time. 
     To start out, Jacobs baptism went so well.  The whole day he was just way happy and the spirit was so strong during the baptism.  As I said last week, Forest was the one to baptize him, which was particularly special.  The attendance was pretty special as well, for two reasons.   First, Jacobs family came and were able to feel the spirit and enthusiasm of Jacob, to witness this event in his life.  The second was that one of the sister missionaries, who originally tracted into Forest came to the baptism.  The reason why this is a miracle is that she had no idea that his grandson was getting baptized, and she had come up from BYU this weekend to witness another baptism for somebody she had taught.  Jacobs baptism was originally going to happen a week earlier, but different circumstances caused that it would need to be held this last Saturday.  When she came into the stake center to watch the other baptism is when she found out about Jacobs baptism and of Forest performing it.  So she was able to witness that as well, which meant a lot for her and for Forest.
     Glenda went to church this week, which is a huge step for her, and she really enjoyed it.  Her situation has improved quite a bit, but still seems pretty stressed about certain things such as finding a job.  But she is definitely progressing because she is going to church and she has been reading the Book of Mormon and praying.
     Marcus and Melissa were well enough to come to church this week and they are getting more and more enthusiastic about their wedding and baptism.  They talk about it all the time, they read together and pray together, and they love coming to church.  One of the greatest reasons why it is hard to leave Moses Lake is that I will not get to see them be baptized.  Really though, it's just important to me that they are going to be baptized, I have no doubt.  They are so amazing.
     Brittney is getting baptized on the 21st at 6, and I am really sad to be missing that as well.  She is so great as well, and she has a wonderful support system, I am not worried at all about her. 
     Anyway thats about all I have time for, I love you all and I love this work.  I loved serving in Moses Lake, and I will love serving in West Terrace.  Say hi to Megan in person to me=) I hope you have a great week this week, and talk to you next week.=)

No comments:

Post a Comment