Monday, October 22, 2012

I Love My Missionary Experiences 10/22/2012


Dear Family,
We have had such a good week last week.  Fall is definitely in the air and our nights have started getting colder and darker=(  The cold and the dark are not things I particularly enjoy as a missionary.  Last year, there were so many people who would get upset at us knocking on their door at 4:30 because they were getting ready for bed.  Or the ones who tell us they’re not interested, and then in an almost sarcastic way tell us they hope we stay warm.  At the same time, I am excited for the winter as well.  I had a great time last winter in spite of the cold.  

Sometimes, I really feel spoiled as a missionary at the experiences I have had and the people I get to meet.  This week we had the privilege to take a lady named Patricia on a church tour.  She is renting from some members and has had some contact with members of the church in the past.  She has had only positive experiences with the church so far, and wanted to learn more about the church.  The spirit was so strong in that church tour, especially when we were at the picture of Christ being baptized.  After we taught her about the Restoration of the Gospel, we asked her that, if she were to find out the church was true, if she would be baptized, and without hesitation, she said yes.  I really believe that she has been touched by the Spirit and can feel that this message will change her life.  

Forest has been doing good as well.  Like I said, he was really excited to be able to take the sacrament for the first time last week, and was super disappointed that he would be in the hospital the next week.  He really does understand the meaning of the sacrament and the Gospel as a whole.  His surgery went well, but they found cancer in the growth they removed.  They now have to do some tests to see if the cancer has spread at all and if he would need to go through chemotherapy.  If you could keep him in your prayers that would be great.  

We had a lesson with Hernan and Amada on Saturday, and they told us they would be coming to church, which they did not do.  It has been really hard for us to help them come to church these last couple of months.  It's been really hit and miss with them.  This week we really feel as if we need to talk to them about the importance of the Sabbath day and coming to church.  I am very confident that they are going to be baptized, and I really wish I could be here for that, but I don't know that I will.  I just really hope that I can do something more to help them out with their testimonies and helping them feel ready for baptism.  

Those are some of the great things that happened this week.  These last couple weeks have been kind of a blur, not in a bad way, I just can't seem to think about everything I want to say when I sit down to the computer to talk about it, so sorry this email is a bit short.  But I love you all and hope you all have a great week.


p.s.  We are moving to another house next week.  Any mail sent should be sent to the mission office because I don't yet have the new address.  I will have it next week though.

No comments:

Post a Comment