Monday, September 24, 2012

WEEK OF MIRACLES 9/17/2012


First of all (I keep forgetting so I have to write this first)  Yes, the suit fits great.  I love it, as well as the pears=) and other stuff you sent.  They have been much appreciated.  

We had a week of miracles this last week.   It started with our member fellowshipper for Kylie calling us and informing us that Kylie wanted to be baptized and that her family was in complete support of it.  This was great news for us because when I first got here, Kylie wanted to wait for her uncle to get home from his mission so he could baptize her.  He left after I did so that would have still taken another year plus.  The baptism is scheduled for this upcoming Sunday and it is going to be great.  

Forest committed to a date as well!!!  He has told us that he has made up his decision and is ready to put his whole heart into the gospel now.  He is so excited for his baptism on Oct. 13th.  He is so prepared and has a great understanding of the church and the gospel.  He has talked with his whole family about it and they are supportive of him as well.  The mission has been such a great time to meet people that you would have never had a chance to know in your life, and I am grateful for that opportunity.  I learn so much with every person that I meet and get to know, and most importantly I have found that I love these people and wish to do anything I can to help them receive the restored gospel.  Forest is no exception.  I feel so privileged and blessed to know him, and he has been a great example for me in Moses Lake.  

We met with Hernan and Amada this week with the Spanish sisters in Moses Lake.  We wanted the Spanish sisters to come because we wanted to talk specifically about baptism with the family and last time we did that, there was a bit of a language barrier.  We didn't want to take chances this time and we were glad to have the sisters because it was a way spiritual lesson.  We were able to find more of their concerns than we previously had and we had the opportunity to talk about the Spanish branch with them, which we feel would really be a better fit for them at the present time at least.  They did both say however that while they did not feel ready for baptism, that they have loved the feelings they get when they come to church and fellowship with the members, and ultimately I think baptism is their goal.  So we continue to work with them.  

We met with Johnny aka Spoon for the first time in about two weeks which was wonderful.  Spoon is one of the most prepared people I have met, and I love to go and visit with him.  He LOVES to talk, and because of that it can be somewhat difficult to teach him at times, but he is learning quickly and now he has expressed interest in taking his whole family to church next week to see how they feel about the church.  We have had many other great things happen and I wish I had the time to talk about all of them.  Needless to say I am happy to be here and I am thankful for the work we have right now.  I am so thankful to have Elder Isaacson as a companion as well.  He is awesome and I love working with him.  Thats about it for me.  Love you all and have a great week.

Elder Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment