Monday, March 5, 2012

News From Elder Stacey 2/06 2012

     Well today I have good news and bad news, well, for me at least.  Because the missionaries who went home in December were going to get home the day after Christmas, our transfer ended a week early so they could spend Christmas with their families, and we went into a 7-week transfer.  Just the one extra week made it seem like it would go on forever, not in a bad way though.  Last week was the last week of this transfer and we got our calls and I am leaving Chewelah.  Actually I'm leaving Washington all-together.  I I'm going to be serving in Troy Montana which is the most North-East area of the mission.  So I will be spending my birthday in a new area with a new companion with all people who I don't know.  Troy Montana is about as far away from Spokane as St. George is from Orem.  I am a little sad to be leaving Chewelah for sure.  The members here are great, and we have found some great people in the past couple weeks who I was looking forward to continue to meet with.  There was a family that we were able to meet with FINALLY on Saturday that was a referral from the Chewelah wards High-Council representative, all the way back in October.  They live about 40 min away from us so we weren't able to just knock on their door when we wanted to, and they were incredibly hard to get a hold of through the phone.  When we finally did get a hold of them in December, we found out the wife was going to be going into surgury to get some tumors removed and we would have to wait about a month.  Well at last we met them and were able to give them the Restoration and bits of the Plan of Salvation.  They are a great and spiritual family and I have incredibly high hopes for them, but I will obviously not be the one teaching them anymore so I don't know whats going to end up happening with them.  Also Leslie has not been able to quit smoking still.  It really makes me sad.  She wants to quit so badly so she can be baptized, but I just feel the statement that the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak is very fitting in this instance.  I'll keep praying for her and hope the best for her.  I am very excited to go to my new area however.  I don't have much else to say about that though until I actually go there.  Thats about it from my end.  I did get two packages last week, one from Michelle and one from mom.  Thanks so much, I really appreciated them.  Love you all and hope you have a great week.
 

p.s.  I don't have the new address for where I'm going to be staying, so send everything to the mission office until I find out.  Also, not that it really matters, but I will be in the Mountain time zone instead of Pacific time zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment