Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Birthday MOM 2/21/2012

 I just wanted to write a quick email to wish you a happy birthday and to let you know how much I love you.  One thing that I've been trying to work on is doing non-mission things such as writing and sending letters or birthday cards or whatever in a timely manner.  I have not yet mastered that unfortunately and I didn't have a card sent off by the time of your birthday, but one is coming I promise.  I love you and hope you have a great birthday.


(Another email)
Well it sounds like last week was an incredibly eventful and busy week for the family.  I did get the pictures of the wedding and I loved them.  It looks like it was a very exciting time for everyone.  I have to admit that I was a little sad that I missed out on it, but there is nothing that I'd rather be doing right now than what I am right now.  We had a pretty eventful week here in Libby.  Because of scheduling difficulties and people being out of town, all of the people who were going to be baptized in the next couple weeks here will now all be baptized on March 10, assuming everything goes right.  Everyone getting baptized are either related or are friends so it all worked out anyway.  It's going to be a big day though, There will be 8 baptisms total on that day; 6 convert and 2 eight year old baptisms.  All these people are great and I love the chance that I've had to be able to teach them.  One person in particular, Henry Bailey sticks out to me to talk about.  Henry is the husband of a returning less-active member and when sister Bailey began to take her whole family back to church a couple months ago, the missionaries began teaching Henry.  He is one of the most prepared people I have met.  I won't go into details, but suffice it to say that he has had a lot of various problems even just two months ago when the missionaries began teaching him.  The gospel truly brought about a mighty change of heart in him.  We had a lesson with him last week in which we reviewed the baptismal interview questions.  He bore a powerful testimony (I unfortunately did not get to here it because I was on exchanges with another elder, but I heard about it) about how he has come to believe Joseph Smith to be a prophet and The Book of Mormon to be the word of God.  He has been willing to open up in church as well and bear his testimony in elders quorum.  His story is another great one that has been able to build my own testimony on the power that the Atonement of Jesus Christ can have on everyone's life.  It is for everyone and truly there is nothing in this world that is outside the reaches of the Atonement, if we can just demonstrate the faith to use it.  I just want you all to know that I do have a testimony of Jesus Christ, and that I do know that he is the Savior of all mankind.  I know that he suffered what he did willingly because he loves each one of us so much and wants us to be happy.  Words really can't describe what I know and feel for my Savior; what he did for me, and this opportunity I have to share my testimony with those I come into contact with.  I love you all and hope you have a great week.  Stay good.
   Love,
     Elder Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment