Monday, January 16, 2012

Monday, January 2, 2012

Hey everyone, sorry I was unable to email last week.  The library was closed for the day after Christmas holiday that I was unaware of.  Also the library in Chewelah is closed today as well so I'm in Deer Park emailing at a members business.  Since I was unable to email last week, I'll just wish everyone a merry Christmas, and a Happy New year.  I can't believe it is 2012.  Not just because I'm on a mission and it is a new year, but of course also because this is the last year before the world ends=O.  So maybe I should wish a happy last new year!  Haha, I honestly didn't think that there would be many people who would freak out about it, but I've heard about people who are maxing out credit cards in anticipation for the impending doomsday.  Thats not going to be very fun when december 22 comes around and they find out it's just another day except they have a mountain of debt that they have to deal with.  Well those were just some random thoughts that I had on the new year.  So on to actually important things.  This last couple weeks have been good, but slower than usual as far as lessons are concerned.  We have had more appointments than I can count fall through because of sickness or unexpected vacations.  We were able to teach Heather twice this last week which was great.  If I have never mentioned Heather, she is the fiance of a less active member of the ward named Joe.  We went to go visit him to meet him and see how he was doing, and we met her as well.  She had no knowledge of the church other than Joe was a member of it.  She was interested in learning more so we began to teach her.  We talked about the atonement with her and she broke into tears as she bore her testimony on our Savior.  There was such a strong spirit in that room during that lesson.  She wants to follow Jesus Christ and she wants to be baptized.  There is a lot that needs to happen before she can get baptized, and I don't know for sure that I'll be in Chewelah when that finally happens, but that doesn't really matter to me.  Just for me to get to know someone so special and spiritual and to help them grow closer to our Savior is such a great blessing.  I've truly started to understand having true love and concern for the people that you meet.  You have this great message to share with them which you know can bring them greater happiness than anything else in this world and it just breaks your heart when they choose not to hear it.  Whether it's someone you just met at the doorstep, or an investigator who hasn't read the Book of Mormon or even a member who won't go to church because of whatever reason.  I don't know if what I just said makes sense, but I truly care about all these people and I want to help them in any way that I can.  A couple of our other investigators were out of town but are coming back into Chewelah this week which I am very excited about.  Leslie was just visiting her brother in Springdale, which is in our area but like a hundred mile round trip, so there was no way we were going to be able to make it out there with the amount of miles we had left on our car=(.  I hope she's doing well.  She went to the doctor the day before she left and apparently she has to quit smoking because she just got an illness caused from her smoking that will only get worse the more she smokes.  I really hope that her trip has helped her out.  She really thought it would.  Well I think those are the biggest things for this week and I'm about out of time so I love you all and hope you have a great week.
Elder Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment