Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Last Email COMING HOME 9/04/2013

Hello Everyone,    
     Oh my goodness.  I really can't believe that this will be my last email in the Spokane Mission.  In my mind, this is just another week, and I will wake up next Monday getting ready for another p-day.  I don't know that I will truly comprehend it until I am coming off the plane in SLC.  Either way, there is a lot to do this week.  We have so many appointments and team teaching lessons set up this week, and Elder Cahoon and I need to prepare a training for the zone on Friday.  I am actually really grateful to have such a busy schedule my last week.
     This last week has been a great one.  In many of our trainings lately, we've been focusing on the Atonement, and how to apply it into every aspect of our teaching.  We have seen many blessings come from that.  Christina was one of those that has really progressed since her understanding of the Atonement has grown, and since we have been focusing on it.  
     Just yesterday, we had a lesson with Ryan and Tabitha as well and we were able to focus the entire lesson on how they can apply the Atonement to their individual circumstances, and the spirit was definitely felt.  After our lesson with them yesterday, Tabitha was a lot more cheery, and on board with coming to church.
     We took a member last week, Bro Freir, on a church tour.  He hasn't come to church for a few years now because of his schedule, but when we took him on the tour, he was really touched by the Spirit and said he feels he really needs to make it back to church.  After that, he went as far as to check his Sunday schedule to see if there was a way around working on Sundays or at least some Sundays.  He is still in the process of figuring that out.  I seriously love taking people, member or not, through the church.  You can't help but feel peace, and God's love in there as everything is focused on the savior.  They are so awesome.
     Thats it from me this week.  I love you all and am excited as well to get to see you next week.  Missions are the best, and I am so thankful to have been able to serve one.  Once again love you=)

Elder Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment